Friday, May 27, 2011

Misty Croslin's Prison Interview

    What follows is Misty Croslin's recent prison interview.

    http://www.chathousenews.com/2011/05/full-interview-in-prison-with-misty.html


    MARION COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Croslin, the woman known as the last person to see 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings before she disappeared, is speaking publicly on television for the first time since she was sent to prison on drug charges.
    She responds to being called the "key" by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office to cracking the Haleigh case. Croslin was married to Ron Cummings, the father of Haleigh; the girl vanished while in Croslin's care in February 2009.
    "They got me in prison for 25 years. If I knew anything, they would know it from Day 1. I don't know anything. ... Just because when I say something one time, it doesn't come out the same way. I guess that's why they think I'm changing my story, but I'm not," Croslin said.

    Note "they got me" slight passivity, which deals with responsibility.   "I don't know anything" is similar to "and that's all I know" where a subject wishes to end the flow of information. Note that she embeds "I'm changing my story" which should be noted.  In full context, it can be known if the subject is entering into the language of the Interviewer (reflective language) or is speaking from the free editing process
    It is her first in-depth television interview since being arrested on drug charges. She was sentenced in January and is now serving 25 years at Lowell.
    Croslin describes how investigators in Haleigh's case told her before her sentencing that if she told them where Haleigh was, they would drop the drug charges. Croslin said she told them she didn't know anything.
    Note that this is something not verified by media.  Is it likely prosecutors actually said they would drop all charges?  This strains credibility but without the actual quote it is not certain. 
    "People don't understand that it kills me every day. I was asleep, I woke up and she was gone. Every night I go to sleep, I think maybe when I wake up she's going to be beside me," Croslin said.
    Repetition shows sensitivity.  Note both "sleep" and "wake" are sensitive to the subject.  This may be that these words are chosen because of how Haleigh died; possible drug overdose in which she did not awaken
    The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Croslin has told various stories about the night Haleigh disappeared.
    She also explains she married Ron Cummings because he was worried about dating someone underage. They started dating when she was 16, she said.
    "I feel like he used me the whole time we were together," Croslin said. She did say he is a good father.
    "I would give my life for her to come home any day. I would spend the rest of my life in this place just for her to come home," Croslin said.
    Note to "come home" is generally a phrase used from "home".  Misty is in prison.  Is this the trade she considers?

    Source URL: https://wallpaper-com.blogspot.com/2011/05/misty-croslin-prison-interview.html
    Visit wallpaper-com for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive